Sounds Australia, AIR (Australian Independent Record Labels Association), and PPCA (Phonographic Performance Company of Australia) are seeking expressions of interest from Australian independent labels to take part in an Australian delegation to A2IM‘s (American Association of Independent Music) Indie Week in New York City in June 2015.
Indie Week 2015 is a member-only conference for record labels and service providers with a strong focus on the exploitation of master recordings, licensing, networking and digital revenue streams. Further, this year’s trip will also include SyncSummit also in NYC.
AIR has been extended invitations for a small group of representatives of Australian labels to attend Indie Week and SyncSummit. Sounds Australia will be covering registration costs for both events and the initiative is supported by PPCA.
Due to limited capacity, interested parties must show an expression of interest by filling out the survey below – it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete.
Initial expressions of interest must be completed by Monday 2nd February.
- Indie Week 2015 will be held in New York City from Mon 22nd to Fri 26th
- SyncSummit will be held in New York City Thu 18th and Fri 19th
- Sounds Australia’s sponsorship will cover conference registration for both events for a small group of delegates as well as participation in panel discussions and one-on-one networking.
- Australian attendees are responsible for booking and funding all flights, transfers and accommodation themselves.
- A2IM’s Indie Week 2015 is an ‘invitation only’ event and not open to the general public.
- Due to limited capacity and the small number of invitations, all attending Australian labels must have a catalogue of at least five albums and represent the music of at least three artists. It is expected that they are digitally pro-active and are doing business internationally.
The Australian delegation to Indie Week will be co-ordinated by AIR and Sounds Australia and supported by the PPCA.