MEET THE WAMILY
WAM are passionately committed to championing Western Australia’s thriving music industry since 1987, WAM (West Australian Music) is the peak music bodyresponsible for supporting, nurturing and growing all forms of contemporary music in WA.
WHAT THEY DO
WAM manages events, runs programs and undertakes ongoing activities and collaborations including:
- WA’s most extensive annual showcases of local talent with WAMi Festival (now in November) and State Of The Art.
- Celebrating WA’s finest talents through WAMi Awards and Hall of Fame, and photographers with the Kiss My Camera exhibition.
- Recognising WA’s best songwriters with the Song Of The Year competition.
- Providing annual professional development opportunities from the music industry’s most inspiring and successful minds with the WAMi Business Conference.
- Enhancing industry skills and knowledge year-round through the Music Industry Sundowner Series.
- Building young band profiles whilst providing music experiences for all ages with AmpFest.
- Schools Alive inspires students of all ages to see music as a valuable art and provides career information about the music industry.
- Strengthening links between music and community in regional areas through the extensive Regional Program, including Sounds Of community recording projects, recording tuition, community CD projects, piloting touring circuits, workshops, and advocacy.
- Providing film, TV and ad syncing opportunities for acts with Sync To Swim.
- Assisting programming events such as AGWA Nights and Sounds Of Summer.
- Providing the best weekly doses of news and opportunities relevant to the WA music industry via WAM eNews.
- Forming WA Music Council to represent all interests more effectively through industry leaders.
- Providing support to WAM Members including Virgin and Qantas luggage allowances, SonicBids membership and free Pop Up Legal Practice sessions and more, plus discounts on Marsh insurance, AMID, Diskbank, Berklee courses and more.
- Advocating and supporting campaigns and projects by/with the likes of DCA, APRA, Sounds Australia, Australia Council, AMIN, Save Live Australia’s Music, AMRAP, Music Feedback, Control and many more.
For more information, visit www.wam.asn.au