Do you know what AMIN and your local peak body do to support you and your industry?
AMIN connects the peak body organisations to create a national platform for the representation and delivery of projects for the benefit of the Contemporary Music Industry.
AMIN acts as a united voice on national issues, the development of national policy and in assisting each peak body to tackle local issues with experience and support.
Who do we represent?
We represent contemporary musicians, venues, industry businesses, professionals and music lovers across Australia.
What do we do?
- Up-skill artist managers and label representatives through the advanced professional development programs CONTROL and RELEASE.
- BIGSOUND and WAMFEST Festival and Conferences
- We run over 100 professional development workshops annually across the country.
- Advocate for better deals and conditions for our musicians, including:
- Excess baggage discount with Virgin and Qantas
- National travel discounts (airfares, hotels and car hire) and a dedicated travel portal for Australian musicians through Travel Beyond, saving touring musicians thousands each year.
- Other industry discounts.
- Continuously representing the industries needs at government and industry level.
- Sharing best practice with each member body.
Celebrating Australian music and developing audiences
- Love Live Music 60-second film competition.
- Partnering in Aus Music T-shirt day celebrations.
- Representing the Australian Contemporary Music Industry to the media.
- Utilizing our social media reach of over 140,000 to promote the activities and achievements of the Australian contemporary music industry
- 7 Awards events annually, celebrating the best Australian music.
Research and Development
- Surveying the industry to build an evidence-base for advocacy.
AMIN aims to foster diversity and accessibility within the music industry, in all its forms. AMIN bodies regularly partner with expect organisations working with different marginalized groups to reduce barriers and increase opportunities for all artists and music fans to participate in our rich music scene.
Download the AMIN fact sheet HERE
What else does your local peak body do?
- WAM Awards (WAMis)
- WAM Festival and Conference
- Regional touring circuits
- Sounds Of regional recordings
- SOTA Festival
- City Action Plan for Live Performance
- Representation for ACT Music Industry
- Music Awards
- Umbrella: Winter City Sounds
- SAM Awards
- Bands On Track
- Nationally accredited music courses
- Adelaide Airport Adelaide Sounds
- Age Music Victoria Awards
- Good Music Neighbours
- Live Music Professionals
- Victorian Music Crawl
- Best Practice Guide for Live Music Venues
- National Indigenous Music Awards
- NT Song of the Year
- The Bush Bands Program
- Sista Sounds and Divas Programs
- Fresh Mint
- Homebrewed at Falls Festival
- Songs from the Edge
- Industry development workshops
- Advocacy and research
- Bigsound and Little Bigsound
- Queensland Music Awards
- Billy Thorpe Scholarship
- Grant McLennan Fellowship
- Industry Connect
If you would like to advertise directly to your local or national music industry please contact us about advertising rates please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join or engage with your local peak body today.
Let’s help each other to develop a stronger Australian music community.