WHO WE ARE
AMIN connects and represents the state and territory music industry associations of Australia;
This network creates a national platform for the representation and delivery of projects for the benefit of the Australian contemporary music industry.
A truly national body, AMIN acts as a united voice on national issues and the development of national policy. With representatives from each state and territory, AMIN is also equipped to assist these bodies to tackle local issues with the experience and support of its fellow members
WHAT WE DO
AMIN works across several areas including:
- Advocacy and lobbying within and on behalf of the industry at a national level;
- Marketing and promotion of the Australian contemporary music industry internationally;
- Delivery of national projects such as CONTROL – The Business of Music Management and RELEASE -The Business of Independent Label Management
- Industry specific research to grow the knowledge base of AMIN and the member organisations.
- Negotiation with music related businesses, such as travel agents, airlines, hire car companies and hotels, to offer discounts and benefits for members
Since its inception AMIN has:
- In an Australian first, brokered national travel discounts (airfares, hotels and car hire) and a dedicated travel portal for Australian musicians through Travel Beyond
- Leveraged excess baggage for musicians through Virgin Australia and QANTAS
- Provided intensive business mentorships and workshops to over 55 music managers, through its CONTROL – The Business of Music Management program
- Provided intensive business mentorships and workshops to 15 independent label owners, through its RELEASE – The Business of Independent Label Management program
- Expanded international activity expanded through a partnership with the Sounds Australia initiative
- Played a key role in developing export opportunities in major foreign music markets through a long-running presence at significant industry events including CMW (Canada), SxSW (USA), MIDEM (France), WOMEX (Europe) and CMJ (USA).
- Maintained a presence at key national industry events including BIGSOUND (Brisbane), Face The Music/AWME (Melbourne), APRA AMCOS Awards (Sydney) and Music Australia’s Industry Roundtable.
Sign up to your local peak body to benefit from their many discounts, including excess baggage and travel discounts through the Travel Beyond Portal including 7% off Virgin Australia flights.
If you would like to promote national events or products, please contact us about our advertising rates.
Alyse Newman (works Thursdays only)
ph. (03) 9686 3411
Australian contemporary music is defined as music that is currently being written, recorded and performed by Australians. Its genres would include (but would not be limited to) blues, country, electronic/dance, experimental, folk, funk, hip hop, jazz, metal, pop, rock, roots, and world.
– As defined by the Federal Government’s Strategic Contemporary Music Industry Plan, 2010