WHO WE ARE
AMIN connects and represents the state and territory music industry development associations of Australia;
This network creates a national platform for the representation and delivery of projects for the benefit of the Australian contemporary music industry.
A truly national body, AMIN acts as a united voice on national issues and the development of national policy. With representatives from each state and territory, AMIN is also equipped to assist these bodies to tackle local issues with the experience and support of its fellow members.
WHAT WE DO
AMIN works across several areas including:
- Advocacy and lobbying within and on behalf of the industry at a national level;
- Marketing and promotion of the Australian contemporary music industry;
- Industry-specific research to grow the knowledge base of the AMIN industry development associations;
- Negotiating with music industry service businesses, such as travel agents, airlines, hire car and hotels, to offer discounts and benefits to members.
Since its inception AMIN has:
- In an Australian first, brokered national travel discounts (airfares, hotels and car hire) and a dedicated travel portal for Australian musicians through Travel Beyond
- Leveraged excess baggage for musicians through Virgin Australia and QANTAS
- Delivered national projects CONTROL – The Business of Music Management and RELEASE – The Business of Independent Label Management.
- Fostered international market development activities via partnership on the Sounds Australia initiative.
- Played a key role in developing export opportunities in major foreign music markets through a long-running presence at significant industry events including CMW (Canada), SxSW (USA), MIDEM (France), WOMEX (Europe) and CMJ (USA).
- Maintained a presence at key national industry events including BIGSOUND (Brisbane), Face The Music/AWME (Melbourne), APRA AMCOS Awards (Sydney) and Music Australia’s Industry Roundtable.
Sign up to your local industry development association to benefit from their many discounts, including excess baggage and travel discounts through the Travel Beyond Portal including 7% off Virgin Australia flights.
Australian contemporary music is defined as music that is currently being written, recorded and performed by Australians. Its genres would include (but would not be limited to) blues, country, electronic/dance, experimental, folk, funk, hip-hop, jazz, metal, pop, rock, roots, and world – As defined by the Federal Government’s Strategic Contemporary Music Industry Plan, 2010